Are You Searching for
FREE Toddler Activities?
That is correct moms!! You will enjoy these Toddler activities. I am the queen of finding fun things to do with my toddler, for free. There is nothing wrong with doing activities that cost from time to time. However, if you are a stay at home mom you will soon see how quickly certain activities can add up.
I decided to really make it fun to save me and my husband money. So I have compiled a few activities to share with you. I do these activities with my toddler and he loves them. Not all of these toddler activities take place at home. If you do find yourself at home and want to stay busy, check out my toddler crafts page for other great ideas. WOW!!
Your Local Library
This is fantastic!! I love the library. So does my son. There are so many different toddler activities that can take place at the library. It is amazing how many moms and dads do not utilize this resource.
- Toddler Classes and Movies. Check your local library for any toddler activities or classes taking place. Our library has toddler Lap Sit classes. In these classes the parent attends with their child. There so are different toddler activities. From storytelling to craft making. It is a blast and your toddler has loads of fun!! Check with your branch and see what they are offering. They have movies once a month for kids. It is a great time for you and your toddler and the best part is that it is …………FREE of charge.
- Get a Library Card. I was truly amazed that you do not have to check out only books. The library has a great toddler toys section. Your toddler can check out toys, or hard wooden trains, and puzzles and anything you can imagine. This is Fantastic! Especially if your toddler gets bored with their toys easily. You can stimulate their minds with different toys. It is great!! These are great toddler activities and the best part is they are…………Free of charge.
- Read Books!! Spend a few hours at the library reading books. Most libraries have a wonderful section for children. It has a big comfy couch with stuffed animals and you can just spend time reading to your toddler. They can read and look at books too!! My son loves to go to the library. It gets you and your child out of the house for a few hours. Again, I have to say it again this is………FREE of charge.
- Rent some kids movies………. For FREE. You can get Disney movies and just any kind. I let my son pick them out himself. We bring the movie home and have a movie night. We make popcorn and it is a really nice time. You don’t have to go to a video store and pay for a movie. The library has lots of good movies. So have a great time!!
Parks, Parks, And More Parks
Who doesn’t love the park? I certainly know that all children do. There are so many toddler activities to do at the park. I like to designate a day of the week where my son and I go to the park. I say once a week because you don’t want your toddler getting bored with it to quickly. However, in the summer months we do visit the park several times a week.
There are limitless toddler activities that you can do at the park. I will give you a few examples. You can really get creative.
*Remember if there are multiple state parks in your area, alternate.*
Fun Free Activities you can do at any Park
- Swimming. That is correct. We have a free State Park in our area that is a beach and offers free swimming. There are lifeguards and it is a really nice beach. We pack a picnic lunch and spend the day. There are pavilions and barbeque grills to use. It is great!! Gather the whole family and have a Bar B Q. For……..FREE, other than the cost of the food. Admission is free and that is the key. Go online or call your local State Park Office and see what information they can give you. You probably have been missing out on parks that you didn’t even know about.
- Feed the Ducks!! I even love his one. Save your stale bread or else go buy some. The kids love to walk around the ponds and feed the ducks. Most parks have ducks.
- Bike Trails!! Take your bikes and ride on the bike trails. Yes you can take the tricycle or even the power wheel. The kids love riding with mom and dad. Special Tip.* Please don’t forget to make sure your child wears a helmet when riding their bike.*
- Play on the playgrounds. I know that we have several local state parks. In one of our parks there are two playgrounds. They are on opposites sides of the park. You have to get in the car and drive from one to the other. So one day we will go to one and the next time we may go to the other. My son will play for hours. Again, pack a little lunch. Spend half the day there or at least until nap time. Most newly built parks are equipped with toddler activities. WOW!!!
- Fly a kite!! These are like great little Easter Basket "Stuffers." It is tradition that we put kites in our kids Easter Baskets. Take the kite and fly it near the open spaces or baseball fields. You may not be the best kite flier but, who cares. It is about fun and spending time together.
- Bat and Ball!! Just grab a bat and ball and throw it in the trunk and leave it there. You can always find an open field and play with your toddler. Purchase the appropriate bat and ball for their ages of course. Little boys love this one.
- Kick Ball. Good old fashioned kick ball. I think I enjoy this as much as he does. Again just stick a ball in the trunk and leave it. That way you have it in there whenever you need it.
You get the idea. There are just a few listed here but the toddler activities are endless. It’s amazing what you can think of Get Creative Moms! You don’t need money to have fun.
I know that you are thinking. She can not be serious, window shopping with a toddler? Allow me to explain……… Window Shopping Toddler Style. Now my son is 2 ½ years old. He knows that every time we go to the store he DOES NOT get something. That is how he has been raised so he doesn’t even ask.
He will window shop and just “play”. These toddler activities are great especially on those hot summer days. You can cool off for a minute. For those cold wintry days where you and your toddler are having cabin fever, these indoor activities are wonderful!!
- Go to a department store. Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, etc. Allow them to just look and play with the toys on display. My son could literally do this for hours. I am not kidding. He will ride bikes and play with guitars. He has a blast. He knows that when it is time to go we leave. I allow him a good amount of time to “window shop”. I tell him before we go that he has a certain amount of time to play and when it’s over it is time to go. So this activity works well with our family.
- Go to the Mall. Now this one may cost you a $1.00. We look around in all the stores especially The Disney Store or Build a Bear Workshop. Again they can just window shop, you do not have to buy them anything. Where the $1.00 comes in is that I do let my son ride the rides that cost like .50 cents. He gets two rides and he’s done. Set limits and if you are experiencing those terrible twos with your toddler.
These are just a few free activities that you can experience with your toddler. Keeping your toddler busy is beneficial in so many ways. Playing and being active can help with their development. Did you know that? I have found a site that touches on this very subject. For some valuable information on how your child develops through play than take a look at Mary's site.
Create Toddler Crafts that are Fun and Simple to make.
Our Toddler Crafts page will give Ideas for Crafts that are fun and easy for any child to make.
Toys For Toddlers...
Toys for toddlers can be fun and educational. Come and find the perfect toy idea for your child.
Fun Activities For Toddlers To Enjoy Indoors.
Fun activities for Toddlers to enjoy indoors on those rainy days.
Activities For Toddlers That Will Keep Them Busy.
Good Information on Activities for toddlers that are easy and fun. Get new ideas for your child...
Toddler Reading Tips And Advice.
Want to learn more about Toddler Reading? Check out our page with valuable tips for your child.
Leave Toddler Activities Page and return to Toddlers Home